- Friday Feb 21, 2020
- Start Time: 11:30AM
- End Time: 1:00PM
- Austin Country Club
February Lunch Meeting
Friday, February 21, 2020
11:30 – 1:00 pm
Austin Country Club
Topic: Positioning Your Firm Effectively for the War on Talent
Caleb Brown, MBA, CFP®, Co-Founder and CEO, New Planner Recruiting
Caleb is the co-founder and CEO of New Planner Recruiting, a recruiting firm that specializes in sourcing, screening, and integrating financial planners in financial planning firms nationwide. He was named the Next Generation Influencer by Financial Planning magazine, one of the top 25 most influential people in the industry by Investment Advisor, and Investment News 40 under 40. He is a graduate of the Texas Tech Personal Financial Planning Program and spent over five years in an RIA firm in North Texas helping a sole practitioner transition the firm to an ensemble model. He has been recognized as a Distinguished Alumnus for the TTU College of Human Sciences as well as a Distinguished Alumnus for the TTU Financial Planning Program. His new book Successful Hiring for Financial Planners: The Human Capital Advantage is a compilation of the to do’s and what not to do’s in hiring for a financial planning firm so business owners can alleviate pain points often associated with hiring.
He is a Kolbe Certified™ Consultant, and original creator of the FPA Career Day program, which began with the Dallas/ Ft. Worth chapter and subsequently, has been implemented by other organizations across the nation. Throughout Brown’s career, he has mentored, hired, managed, and coached many career changers and college students seeking internships and full-time positions in financial planning as well as the firm owners who hire them. He is also an Adjunct Faculty member for the University of Georgia’s Financial Planning Program.
Outside of work, Caleb coach’s boys’ basketball for Downtown Ministries, a program to teach inner city kids necessary life skills. He is also an avid golfer, hiker, Tough Mudder, and snowboarder.
Continuing Education: 1 CE pending approval
- Free – Austin FPA CFP Professionals and Allied Members and 2019 Partners, but you must make a reservation for the lunch meeting.
- $60 – Non-Members
- $40 – FPA Members who are CFP Candidates, Faculty, CFP Certificant Students, Members and Transfers from other chapters
- $20 – FPA Members who are Member Emeritus (Retired) and Full-time Students
- If you do not receive an email confirmation when you register please contact Sarah at [email protected].
- FPA is committed to pay for every reservation made. If you cannot keep your commitment, please email [email protected] to cancel by Monday, February 17th. No-shows will be billed $50.