- Tuesday Mar 12, 2019
- Start Time: 11:30AM
- End Time: 1:00PM
- Austin Country Club
FPA Austin March Lunch Meeting
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
11:30 – 1:00 pm
Norris Conference Center
Topic: The Future of Consumption: Emerging Markets and the Digital Revolution
Speakers: Kevin T. Carter, Founder and CIO of EMQQ
With the internet becoming increasingly affordable and accessible, billions of people in the developing world are now leapfrogging traditional consumption patterns and starting to consume online for the first time. The result of this rising middle-class consumer wave has transformed economies and produced new internet giants equal to or even larger than their U.S. counterparts. Kevin will delve into the greater influence of this new consumer wave and the fundamental changes taking place in developing economies, their preference for online shopping via the smartphone and ways for investors to gain targeted exposure to the rapidly expanding sector.
Continuing Education: 1 CE applied
- Free – Austin FPA CFP Professionals and Allied Members and 2020 Partners, but you must make a reservation for the lunch meeting.
- $60 – Non-Members
- $40 – FPA Members who are CFP Candidates, Faculty, CFP Certificant Students, Transfers from other chapters, FPA members from other chapters
- $20 – FPA Members who are Member Emeritus (Retired) or Full-time Students
- If you do not receive an email confirmation when you register please contact Sarah at email@example.com.
- FPA is committed to pay for every reservation made. If you cannot keep your commitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel by Thursday, March 5th. No-shows will be billed $50.