- Tuesday Mar 12, 2019
- Start Time: 11:30AM
- End Time: 1:00PM
- Austin Country Club
March Lunch Meeting
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
11:30 – 1:00 pm
Austin Country Club
Speakers: Dan Kullman, Regional Vice President & Behavioral Economics Architect, Towes
There is an ever-increasing amount of information available about behavioral finance and abundant evidence of the average investor’s poor ability to navigate markets. Yet, the advisory community has produced limited guidance for advisors who wish to curb biases and improve investor decision making.
This course distills a wealth of information about investor behavior into practical tools and processes. The intended outcome is to train advisors to implement investor behavioral considerations when building portfolios, create greater client understanding and deeper client relationships, and improve competitive differentiation.
Dan Kullman is the Behavioral Economics Architect at Toews, responsible for the ongoing research and development of Toews’ Behavioral Finance Workshops and Coaching Program.
Mr. Kullman has over 25 years industry experience. Prior to joining Toews in 2014, he began his career in 1992 as a traditional stockbroker for Lehman Brothers and in the late 90’s moved to marketing and sales for a portfolio management RIA and then on to marketing and sales for a TAMP for independent financial advisors. This diverse industry experience has allowed Dan to cultivate the skills and knowledge necessary to assist financial advisors with developing sound investment strategies for multiple market cycles and communicating to their clients using the latest insights in Behavioral Finance.
Mr. Kullman received a BBA in Finance from The University of Houston and lives in Houston, TX.
Continuing Education: 1 CE approved
Registration Fees: NEW FOR 2019
- Free – Austin FPA CFP Professionals and Allied Members and 2019 Partners, but you must make a reservation for the lunch meeting.
- $60 – Non-Members
- $40 – FPA Members who are CFP Candidates, Faculty, CFP Certificant Students, Transfers from other chapters, FPA members from other chapters
- $20 – FPA Members who are Member Emeritus (Retired) or Full-time Students
- If you do not receive an email confirmation when you register please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FPA is committed to pay for every reservation made. If you cannot keep your commitment, please email email@example.com to cancel by Thursday, March 7th. No-shows will be billed $50.