- Tuesday Mar 10, 2020
- Start Time: 11:30AM
- End Time: 1:00PM
- Norris Conference Center
FPA Austin March Lunch Meeting
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
11:30 – 1:00 pm
Norris Conference Center
Speakers: Kevin T. Carter, Founder and CIO of EMQQ
With the internet becoming increasingly affordable and accessible, billions of people in the developing world are now leapfrogging traditional consumption patterns and starting to consume online for the first time. The result of this rising middle-class consumer wave has transformed economies and produced new internet giants equal to or even larger than their U.S. counterparts. Kevin will delve into the greater influence of this new consumer wave and the fundamental changes taking place in developing economies, their preference for online shopping via the smartphone and ways for investors to gain targeted exposure to the rapidly expanding sector.
Continuing Education: 1 CE approved
Mr. Carter is the Founder and CIO of the Emerging Markets Internet & Ecommerce ETF (NYSE: EMQQ) and Chairman of the EMQQ Index Committee. Prior to EMQQ, Mr. Carter was the Founder & CEO of AlphaShares, an investment firm offering five Emerging Markets ETFs in partnership with Guggenheim Investments. Previously Mr. Carter was the Founder & CEO of Active Index Advisors acquired by Natixis in 2005 and the Founder & CEO of eInvesting acquired by ETRADE in 2000. Mr. Carter received a degree in Economics from the University of Arizona and began his career in 1992 with Robertson Stephens & Company.
- Free – Austin FPA CFP Professionals and Allied Members and 2020 Partners, but you must make a reservation for the lunch meeting.
- $60 – Non-Members
- $40 – FPA Members who are CFP Candidates, Faculty, CFP Certificant Students, Transfers from other chapters, FPA members from other chapters
- $20 – FPA Members who are Member Emeritus (Retired) or Full-time Students
- If you do not receive an email confirmation when you register please contact Sarah at [email protected].
- FPA is committed to pay for every reservation made. If you cannot keep your commitment, please email [email protected] to cancel by Thursday, March 5th. No-shows will be billed $50.