Find or Post a Career Opportunity
If you have a career opportunity you would like to post on this website, you can inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of current listings posted for:
- Kasch, Levitch, McAleer & Associates: Investment Analyst
- Virginia Asset Management: Director of Operations
- Godsey & Gibb Wealth Management: Associate Wealth Management Advisor
- Raymond James: Financial Planning Consultant
- Stony Point Wealth Management: Office Administrator (part-time)
Scroll below for specific details of these career opportunities and for contact info.
Kasch, Levitch, McAleer & Associates (Ameriprise)
Investment Analyst: Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of client portfolios and the investing facet of a multi-advisor financial planning practice. Monitor and select investments based upon firm-driven asset allocation models primarily within discretionary accounts, conduct trading in client accounts, perform due diligence and research, create client-facing portfolio commentaries, etc. Potential involvement in select client meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Bachelor’s degree in related field, series 7 & 65/66 licenses, minimum 2 years financial industry experience, exceptional analytical skills, detail-oriented, along with a willingness to accept direction regarding investment strategy.
Preferred: CFA, CIMA, APMA or another investment designation, experience with investment research software (ex: Morningstar, etc.), experience with Thomson and Vestmark trading platforms
Sent resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Virginia Asset Management
Director of Operations: The primary role of the Director of Support Operations is to coordinate all resources related to the personnel, technology, and firm support for our financial advisors and their clients. This includes managing a team of operations specialists on a direct basis, coordinating resources for our financial advisory teams, technology and software support for the entire organization, workflow management, and infrastructure oversight.
Primary Job Functions
- Coordinator for the Operations Framework Team, supporting the operations associates for our financial advisory teams. These associates primarily report to their individual teams, but require assistance for back-up, leadership, resource allocation, training, and development
- In conjunction with our technology support team, act as an in-house coordinator for technology for our staff, advisors, and management
- Develop and manage processing workflows to create staff and business management efficiencies
- Serve as a team liaison and back-up as needed to operations specialists
- Act as a strategic partner to our financial advisory teams to help allocate resources provided by Virginia Asset Management
- 5 – 8 years of management/leadership experience within financial services
- A background in technology and/or human resources is preferable
- FINRA Series 7, Series 66, and Series 24 registrations (must acquire within first 90 days if not held)
Please forward resume or inquiries to Crystal Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org
Godsey and Gibb Wealth Management
The Associate Wealth Management Advisor is a client-facing position that supports our Wealth Management Advisors in serving our clients by handling intra-meeting communication with clients and acting as a liaison between the Advisor team and Portfolio Management, Research, and Tax & Financial Planning. The role includes the opportunity for skill development and career advancement. Once an Associate Wealth Management Advisor has demonstrated his or her aptitude in the position, he or she may also take on full responsibility for select clients. This position is in Richmond, Virginia.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of investment decisions made by the Investment Strategy Group, both from a macroeconomic and security fundamentals standpoint.
- The associate advisor must be able to immediately and accurately answer client questions about Godsey & Gibb’seconomic outlook and how actions taken in their portfolio are consistent with that outlook.
- Maintain an in-depth (working; practical) understanding of market conditions, trends and overall economic outlook.
- Be able to assist Wealth Management Advisors in setting investment objectives that are best suited to meet client goals andadhere to risk and tax constraint
- Prepare and review financial plans for wealth management clients
- Client outreach, including an overview of market outlook, and quarterly portfolio updates.
- Communicate updates or changes in a client’s financial or personal situation to the Advisor, Portfolio Management, Tax & Financial Planning, and Research as necessary.
- Follow up with the client on any outstanding items.
- About 20% of time traveling to meet with the Advisor and/or with clients.
- Participate in client meetings with Wealth Management Advisors.
- Associate Wealth Management Advisors commit to always act in the client’s best interest and provide prompt, excellent client service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Economics or Finance.
- No less than five years’ direct client-facing experience in the financial services industry.
- CFP® Certification or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Potential to become a subject matter expert in areas such as Trust or Estate Planning.
Godsey & Gibb Wealth Management provides a very professional, high-touch, high level of client service. To achieve this level of client service, effective team work and communication with colleagues and with clients are essential. In joining a team of successful professionals, the right candidate will be expected to put our clients’ best interests first and participate in providing an exceptional client experience.
Please apply by sending your resume to: Michael Gibb, President: email@example.com
Raymond James – Financial Planning Consultant – Richmond, VA
Job Summary: Under limited supervision uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training or certification to serve as a resource to Financial Advisors and their clients regarding overall financial planning issues which may include portfolio design, income tax consulting, retirement planning, qualified retirement plans, risk management, estate planning, education funding, and small business planning. Continuously gains knowledge of the financial industry and markets through on-going education.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the financial, retirement and estate planning field or in marketing these services. ~or~
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
- Series 7.
- Series 63, 65 and/or 66 as required by state.
- Registered Paraplanner designation or the ability to obtain within two (2) to five (5) years of hire.
If interested, contact Abbie Monteiro, Sr. Talent Advisor, HR Corporate Recruiting Raymond James Human Resources, T 727.567.3832, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stony Point Wealth Management
Stony Point Wealth Management is seeking to hire an admin/office support staff. This position would be part time but could grow to full time. The job responsibilities include: meeting scheduling, document prep, data entry, and meeting follow-up. Compensation will depend on experience. Please message Eric Maestri at email@example.com if interested.