Find or Post a Career Opportunity
If you have a career opportunity you would like to post on this website, you can inquire at email@example.com
Overview of current listings posted for:
- Wilkinson Wealth Management: Paraplanner
- Virginia Asset Management: Director of Operations
- Godsey & Gibb Wealth Management: Associate Wealth Management Advisor
- Stony Point Wealth Management: Office Administrator (part-time)
Scroll below for specific details of these career opportunities and for contact info.
Wilkinson Wealth Management
Paraplanner Job Summary: Under direct supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience, to assist in creating financial plans, analyzing portfolio analytics, asset allocation and investment holdings with client portfolios and make appropriate recommendations when warranted. Regular contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify, or provide facts or information. Utilize appropriate resources to create, present and maintain presentations and proposals for clients and prospects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data from Financial Advisors and their clients via telephone or in-person meetings for the purpose of preparing financial plans.
- Analyze client data through the use of financial planning software, financial calculators, and other available tools.
- Prepare and present financial plans, along with appropriate recommendations and strategies, for helping clients achieve their stated financial goals.
Review client’s existing insurance policies and work closely with Financial Advisors to make recommendations, where appropriate.
- Regularly communicate with Financial Advisors to provide updates on the firm’s financial planning software, as well as changes in regulations, capital market assumptions, and any other relevant information that may impact client’s financial plans. Occasionally conduct training sessions for FA’s.
- Prepare financial planning presentations, portfolio analyses, and proposals for High Net Worth and institutional clients and prospects.
- Present or respond to inquiries from Financial Advisors and research and resolve issues.
- Assist Financial Advisors with on site presentations to clients and prospects.
- May assist with the preparation and review of client reports as requested by the Financial Advisors.
- Ad hoc projects and reports as assigned.
- May be asked to attend cultural and social functions as made available by Financial Advisors and Branch Management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of the financial planning process as it relates to the five major areas of financial planning; investments, income tax, retirement planning, and estate planning
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies and compliance guidelines
- Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of research analysis
- Client Relations Management tools
- Financial services news and data resource tools
- Financial Planning software tools
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communications, spreadsheets and databases.
- Preparing and delivering clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
- Identifying relationships draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Continuously learn investment products, industry rules and regulations and financial planning software.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes and other relevant information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Use mathematics sufficient to process account and transaction information
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Multi-task and work on a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
- Project positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
- Implement changes to standard procedures when required by specific situations and circumstances.
Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business and three (3) years of research experience in the financial industry.( preferred)
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
FINRA Series 7 and 63 Licenses Preferred
CFP required – either have or are in the process of obtaining
Group I – Life and Health Insurance License
Wilkinson Wealth Management: Susan M Wilkinson, MBA, CFP®, LPL Branch Manager, www.wilkinson.com
400 Locust Ave., Suite 2, Charlottesville, VA, 22902, P 434-202-2521, F 434-321-5213
Send all responses and inquiries to: Jacquelyn Nasca, Jacquelyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Asset Management
Director of Operations: The primary role of the Director of Support Operations is to coordinate all resources related to the personnel, technology, and firm support for our financial advisors and their clients. This includes managing a team of operations specialists on a direct basis, coordinating resources for our financial advisory teams, technology and software support for the entire organization, workflow management, and infrastructure oversight.
Primary Job Functions
- Coordinator for the Operations Framework Team, supporting the operations associates for our financial advisory teams. These associates primarily report to their individual teams, but require assistance for back-up, leadership, resource allocation, training, and development
- In conjunction with our technology support team, act as an in-house coordinator for technology for our staff, advisors, and management
- Develop and manage processing workflows to create staff and business management efficiencies
- Serve as a team liaison and back-up as needed to operations specialists
- Act as a strategic partner to our financial advisory teams to help allocate resources provided by Virginia Asset Management
- 5 – 8 years of management/leadership experience within financial services
- A background in technology and/or human resources is preferable
- FINRA Series 7, Series 66, and Series 24 registrations (must acquire within first 90 days if not held)
Please forward resume or inquiries to Crystal Huddleston at email@example.com
Godsey and Gibb Wealth Management
The Associate Wealth Management Advisor is a client-facing position that supports our Wealth Management Advisors in serving our clients by handling intra-meeting communication with clients and acting as a liaison between the Advisor team and Portfolio Management, Research, and Tax & Financial Planning. The role includes the opportunity for skill development and career advancement. Once an Associate Wealth Management Advisor has demonstrated his or her aptitude in the position, he or she may also take on full responsibility for select clients. This position is in Richmond, Virginia.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of investment decisions made by the Investment Strategy Group, both from a macroeconomic and security fundamentals standpoint.
- The associate advisor must be able to immediately and accurately answer client questions about Godsey & Gibb’seconomic outlook and how actions taken in their portfolio are consistent with that outlook.
- Maintain an in-depth (working; practical) understanding of market conditions, trends and overall economic outlook.
- Be able to assist Wealth Management Advisors in setting investment objectives that are best suited to meet client goals andadhere to risk and tax constraint
- Prepare and review financial plans for wealth management clients
- Client outreach, including an overview of market outlook, and quarterly portfolio updates.
- Communicate updates or changes in a client’s financial or personal situation to the Advisor, Portfolio Management, Tax & Financial Planning, and Research as necessary.
- Follow up with the client on any outstanding items.
- About 20% of time traveling to meet with the Advisor and/or with clients.
- Participate in client meetings with Wealth Management Advisors.
- Associate Wealth Management Advisors commit to always act in the client’s best interest and provide prompt, excellent client service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Economics or Finance.
- No less than five years’ direct client-facing experience in the financial services industry.
- CFP® Certification or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Potential to become a subject matter expert in areas such as Trust or Estate Planning.
Godsey & Gibb Wealth Management provides a very professional, high-touch, high level of client service. To achieve this level of client service, effective team work and communication with colleagues and with clients are essential. In joining a team of successful professionals, the right candidate will be expected to put our clients’ best interests first and participate in providing an exceptional client experience.
Please apply by sending your resume to: Michael Gibb, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stony Point Wealth Management
Stony Point Wealth Management is seeking to hire an admin/office support staff. This position would be part time but could grow to full time. The job responsibilities include: meeting scheduling, document prep, data entry, and meeting follow-up. Compensation will depend on experience. Please message Eric Maestri at email@example.com if interested.