Find or Post a Career Opportunity
If you have a career opportunity you would like to post on this website, you can inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of current listings posted for:
- Buckingham Strategic Wealth: Associate Wealth Advisor
- Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group: FP Internship
- Old Dominion Capital Management: Financial Paraplanner
- Raymond James: Financial Planning Consultant
Scroll below for specific details of these career opportunities and for contact info.
Position: Associate Wealth Advisor
The Associate Wealth Advisor is a unique opportunity to collaborate with a growing team of advisors with key professional expertise to accomplish client goals. This individual will partner with a Wealth Advisor to manage client relationships and actively participate in the advanced planning process to address retirement, risk management, estate, and tax considerations. In addition, this individual will be responsible for managing cash, trading, rebalancing and investment strategy implementation on behalf of the advisory team’s clients.
This is a salaried position with a competitive benefits package. Buckingham pays 100% of an associate’s medical and dental insurance premiums, life, long-term disability and accidental death insurance policies. We offer 12 weeks paid maternity, paternity and medical leave, empowered Paid Time Off to take as many PTO days as needed, profit sharing retirement plan, 401(k) plan, deductible reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, matching gifts and more.
As an associate you’ll be a part of our collaborative and service-oriented culture that includes ongoing feedback and development programs including mentoring, volunteer opportunities, leadership opportunities and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a mastery of Buckingham investment philosophy and evidence-based investing
- Creates a personalized Investment Policy Statement and holistic strategy for each client
- Facilitates the consulting process through the preparation and follow-up of each step of the client experience and active participation in client meetings
- Monitors the clients’ asset allocation, rebalancing of portfolios, trade recommendations and submissions
- Tax loss harvesting recommendations and execution
- Diligent recording of client communication
- Wealth analysis input (including client/scenario-based simulations)
- Serves day-to-day client needs and collaborates with team members to ensure the
highest level of service
• Manages client onboarding process
• Develops an area of expertise on a firm process and/or advanced planning topic to
add value to the firm
• Actively participates in business development efforts
• Engages in business planning efforts and actively supports firm’s strategic priorities
Desired Skills and Experience
Education and/or Work Experience
- 8+ years of direct client-facing experience
- College Degree
- Professional Certifications; CFP, CFA or CPA/ PFS preferred
- Series 65 within 90 days of employmentOther Qualifications
- Team player and collaborative; uses the resources of the firm
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills – able to build trustedrelationships
- High personal standards and sound judgment
- Ability to think critically and to process complex financial scenarios
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills – ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Open and receptive to feedback and coachingWho is Buckingham Strategic Wealth?Founded in 1994, Buckingham helps individuals, businesses, trusts, nonprofits, retirement plans and medical practice owners achieve their most important goals by creating customized, comprehensive, evidence-based financial plans. Its investment philosophy is rooted in a disciplined, academically based perspective tailored to address each client’s distinct willingness, ability and need to accept market risk. As a registered investment advisory firm, Buckingham operates under a fiduciary obligation to its clients. The firm’s investment approach centers on modern portfolio theory implemented through evidence-based mutual funds and the firm’s fixed-income portfolio design and execution capabilities.
Buckingham employs more than 300 associates and has over 25 office locations nationwide. Also part of the Buckingham family is BAM Advisor Services, a turnkey asset manager provider for registered investment advisory firms across the United States. Founded in 1997 as an outgrowth of Buckingham, BAM Advisor Services provides its partner firms, known collectively as The BAM ALLIANCE, with comprehensive wealth management solutions and support. Member firms share a fiduciary pledge to act in their clients’ best interests, helping investors and their families take control of their financial futures. The BAM ALLIANCE community now includes more than 130 likeminded, independent wealth management firms throughout the United States. As of June 30, 2018, Buckingham Strategic Wealth and BAM Advisor Services had combined total assets under management or administration of $33.0 billion.
Our commitment to strategic growth provides many opportunities for select candidates to become a part of our dynamic team. The essence of who we are and what we do comes to life through the experience we deliver to our clients every day. As associates, we lean on each other’s experience, learn from each other’s expertise and know that only together will we help our clients achieve great things. If this resonates with you, we invite you to learn more.
To apply to this position or other opportunities at Buckingham,
http://buckinghamadvisor.com/careers/ to be considered for current or future job openings.
Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group
Position: Financial Planner Internship
Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group is a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. with more than $750 million of client’s invested through Ameriprise and over 125 years of collective investment management experience. We work on creating a relationship that provides customized financial strategies specific to our client’s needs and work diligently to help in crafting a vision for their financial future.
For more information on our firm and about our practice please visit our website at
Position: Financial Planning Intern (Paid) Responsibilities:
- Creating and preparing presentation materials for meetings with clients
- Creating investment proposals for new clients
- Prepare and review monthly Excel financial statements and other analyses for client families(including, but not limited to net worth statements and graphs, family org charts, asset allocations, investment performance reporting, investment implementation, and other customized exhibits)
- Performing Investment Research using industry standard software
- Assisting with Financial Plans and projections
- Reviewing and updating client information for the financial planning process
- Supporting various business development initiatives
- Maintaining client and fund data Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Opportunity to attend client meetings and other client facing interactionsRequirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Mathematics
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Computer savvy with experience using Excel
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to support actions that are in the best interest of the client
- Strong sense of responsibility with a positive “can do” attitude
- High energy level, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Effective team player with a high level of integrity
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letters to:
Financial Assistant and Assistant to the Head of Human ResourcesWendy.Poole@ampf.com
Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group
14350 Sommerville Court
Midlothian, VA 23113
Old Dominion Capital Management – Financial Paraplanner
Position Description: The position of Financial Paraplanner, available in Charlottesville, VA, provides assistance to the Certified Financial Planner Practitioners(CFP) and other team members, including the preparation of clients’ financial plans, the provision of service to and communication with clients, and the maintenance of data and report generation via various software applications.
- Completes financial plans and serves as relationship manager for less complex relationships
- Assists CFPs with gathering data for and the preparation of financial plans
- Assists CFPs with portfolio design
- Along with Operations Manager, prepares and administers clients’ income distributions
- Schedules Semi-Annual Review Meetings with clients
- Prepares materials for Semi- Annual Review Meetings with clients
- Communicates with clients in the provision of service
- Maintains expertise in various software applications, including MoneyGuide Pro, Microsoft Office, Junxure and Portfolio Center
- Complies with all industry and SEC rules and regulations
- Maintains industry qualifications and completes required continuing education
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Serves as back-up for Operations Manager
- Serves as back-up for Compliance Associate
This position reports to the Managing Director-ODCM
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in financial planning and/or asset management
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Completion of Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) course of study over the next two to three years
- Background with no issues of disqualification for employment in the financial services industry
- Completion of Series 65 – Registered Investment Advisor within 6 months
- Excellent PC knowledge and ability to navigate financial services software
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mature decision-making
If interested, contact Laura Richmond at 804-327-7595, www.odcm.com
Raymond James – Financial Planning Consultant – Richmond, VA
Job Summary: Under limited supervision uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training or certification to serve as a resource to Financial Advisors and their clients regarding overall financial planning issues which may include portfolio design, income tax consulting, retirement planning, qualified retirement plans, risk management, estate planning, education funding, and small business planning. Continuously gains knowledge of the financial industry and markets through on-going education.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the financial, retirement and estate planning field or in marketing these services. ~or~
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
- Series 7.
- Series 63, 65 and/or 66 as required by state.
- Registered Paraplanner designation or the ability to obtain within two (2) to five (5) years of hire.
If interested, contact Abbie Monteiro, Sr. Talent Advisor, HR Corporate Recruiting Raymond James Human Resources, T 727.567.3832, email@example.com