Find or Post a Career Opportunity
If you have a career opportunity you would like to post on this website, you can inquire at email@example.com
Overview of current listings posted for:
- Godsey & Gibb Wealth Management: Associate Wealth Management Advisor
- Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group: FP Internship
- Old Dominion Capital Management: Financial Paraplanner
- Raymond James: Financial Planning Consultant
Scroll below for specific details of these career opportunities and for contact info.
Godsey and Gibb Wealth Management
The Associate Wealth Management Advisor is a client-facing position that supports our Wealth Management Advisors in serving our clients by handling intra-meeting communication with clients and acting as a liaison between the Advisor team and Portfolio Management, Research, and Tax & Financial Planning. The role includes the opportunity for skill development and career advancement. Once an Associate Wealth Management Advisor has demonstrated his or her aptitude in the position, he or she may also take on full responsibility for select clients. This position is in Richmond, Virginia.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of investment decisions made by the Investment Strategy Group, both from a macroeconomic and security fundamentals standpoint.
- The associate advisor must be able to immediately and accurately answer client questions about Godsey & Gibb’seconomic outlook and how actions taken in their portfolio are consistent with that outlook.
- Maintain an in-depth (working; practical) understanding of market conditions, trends and overall economic outlook.
- Be able to assist Wealth Management Advisors in setting investment objectives that are best suited to meet client goals andadhere to risk and tax constraint
- Prepare and review financial plans for wealth management clients
- Client outreach, including an overview of market outlook, and quarterly portfolio updates.
- Communicate updates or changes in a client’s financial or personal situation to the Advisor, Portfolio Management, Tax & Financial Planning, and Research as necessary.
- Follow up with the client on any outstanding items.
- About 20% of time traveling to meet with the Advisor and/or with clients.
- Participate in client meetings with Wealth Management Advisors.
- Associate Wealth Management Advisors commit to always act in the client’s best interest and provide prompt, excellent client service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Economics or Finance.
- No less than five years’ direct client-facing experience in the financial services industry.
- CFP® Certification or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Potential to become a subject matter expert in areas such as Trust or Estate Planning.
Godsey & Gibb Wealth Management provides a very professional, high-touch, high level of client service. To achieve this level of client service, effective team work and communication with colleagues and with clients are essential. In joining a team of successful professionals, the right candidate will be expected to put our clients’ best interests first and participate in providing an exceptional client experience.
Please apply by sending your resume to: Michael Gibb, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group
Position: Financial Planner Internship
Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group is a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. with more than $750 million of client’s invested through Ameriprise and over 125 years of collective investment management experience. We work on creating a relationship that provides customized financial strategies specific to our client’s needs and work diligently to help in crafting a vision for their financial future.
For more information on our firm and about our practice please visit our website at
Position: Financial Planning Intern (Paid) Responsibilities:
- Creating and preparing presentation materials for meetings with clients
- Creating investment proposals for new clients
- Prepare and review monthly Excel financial statements and other analyses for client families(including, but not limited to net worth statements and graphs, family org charts, asset allocations, investment performance reporting, investment implementation, and other customized exhibits)
- Performing Investment Research using industry standard software
- Assisting with Financial Plans and projections
- Reviewing and updating client information for the financial planning process
- Supporting various business development initiatives
- Maintaining client and fund data Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Opportunity to attend client meetings and other client facing interactionsRequirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Mathematics
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Computer savvy with experience using Excel
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to support actions that are in the best interest of the client
- Strong sense of responsibility with a positive “can do” attitude
- High energy level, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Effective team player with a high level of integrity
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letters to:
Financial Assistant and Assistant to the Head of Human ResourcesWendy.Poole@ampf.com
Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group
14350 Sommerville Court
Midlothian, VA 23113
Old Dominion Capital Management – Financial Paraplanner
Position Description: The position of Financial Paraplanner, available in Charlottesville, VA, provides assistance to the Certified Financial Planner Practitioners(CFP) and other team members, including the preparation of clients’ financial plans, the provision of service to and communication with clients, and the maintenance of data and report generation via various software applications.
- Completes financial plans and serves as relationship manager for less complex relationships
- Assists CFPs with gathering data for and the preparation of financial plans
- Assists CFPs with portfolio design
- Along with Operations Manager, prepares and administers clients’ income distributions
- Schedules Semi-Annual Review Meetings with clients
- Prepares materials for Semi- Annual Review Meetings with clients
- Communicates with clients in the provision of service
- Maintains expertise in various software applications, including MoneyGuide Pro, Microsoft Office, Junxure and Portfolio Center
- Complies with all industry and SEC rules and regulations
- Maintains industry qualifications and completes required continuing education
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Serves as back-up for Operations Manager
- Serves as back-up for Compliance Associate
This position reports to the Managing Director-ODCM
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in financial planning and/or asset management
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Completion of Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) course of study over the next two to three years
- Background with no issues of disqualification for employment in the financial services industry
- Completion of Series 65 – Registered Investment Advisor within 6 months
- Excellent PC knowledge and ability to navigate financial services software
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mature decision-making
If interested, contact Laura Richmond at 804-327-7595, www.odcm.com
Raymond James – Financial Planning Consultant – Richmond, VA
Job Summary: Under limited supervision uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training or certification to serve as a resource to Financial Advisors and their clients regarding overall financial planning issues which may include portfolio design, income tax consulting, retirement planning, qualified retirement plans, risk management, estate planning, education funding, and small business planning. Continuously gains knowledge of the financial industry and markets through on-going education.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the financial, retirement and estate planning field or in marketing these services. ~or~
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
- Series 7.
- Series 63, 65 and/or 66 as required by state.
- Registered Paraplanner designation or the ability to obtain within two (2) to five (5) years of hire.
If interested, contact Abbie Monteiro, Sr. Talent Advisor, HR Corporate Recruiting Raymond James Human Resources, T 727.567.3832, email@example.com