2019 FPACVA Membership Meeting
Friday, December 6th
FPACVA Membership Meeting & Continental Breakfast
held at Westwood Club, 6200 W Club Lane, Richmond
RSVP to attend below
7:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast begin
7:55 a.m. Announcements
8:00 – 8:50 Jennifer Flinchum, Keiter
Tax Update – What we know now – After the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act
1 CFP,CPA CE credit (pending)
8:50 – 9:10 Continental Breakfast continues
Election of 2020 FPACVA Board Members
9:10-10:00 Brandon Butterworth, The Community Foundation
Philanthropy and the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017
1 CFP,CPA CE credit (pending)
Membership Meetings 2019: Review of the Year
#1 Wed., January 23th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Step-by-Step Succession Planning Process and Procedure, Emily Chiang, EMC Succession Planning
- Making IRA Beneficiary Designations and Taking Minimum Distributions, Tim Guare, Timothy H. Guare, PLC
#2 Fri., February 22nd, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Protecting Your Identity and Other Security Issues, David Husler, FBI
- National Economic Update, Sonya Waddell, Federal Reserve of Richmond
#3 Wed., May 8th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Financially Counseling Grieving Clients, Pete Shrock, Legacy Navigator
- LTC, Gordon Saunders, Genworth
#4 Fri., September 27th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Education Funding and the Higher Education Landscape, Tom Leahy, OptimumEd
- The Real Medicare Costs: A CFP’s Guide to Medicare Planning, Bryan Gay, Boomer Insurance Group
#5 Wed., October 23rd, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Understanding Senior Care Options, Lisa Hollier, Choice Connections
- Sustainability Investing: Enhancing Your Offering, Kahne Krause, DFA
#6 Fri., December 6th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Tax Update – What we know now – After the TCJA, Jen Flinchum
- Philanthropy and the TCJA of 2017, Brandon Butterworth, TCF of Richmond
- Economic Outlook, Thomas Galgano, Vanguard
- Financial & Health Mgt Aspects in Again, Shawn Majette, ThompsonMcMullan
#2 Fri., February 23rd, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Acts, Bobby Hamlett, Williams McMullen
- National Economic Outlook & Monetary Policy, Sonya Waddell, Federal Reserve in Richmond
#3 Wed., May 9th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Opportunities in Planning & Saving with 529 and ABLE Plans, Mary Morris, VA529
- Mastering Social Security: Benefits for Spouses and Divorcees, Karen Ireland, MFS
Forum 2018 – June 7th and 8th at University of Richmond (15 CE credits)
#4 Fri., September 21, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Generating & Monetizing Tax Incentives: Historic Preservation/Rehabilitation, Gordon Short, GBX Group
- Regulatory Compliance Hot Topics 2018, Marina Baranovsky, Scitus Consulting
#5 Wed., October 24th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- 2018 Year End Tax Planning, Jen Flinchum, Keiter
- Capital Market Outlook and Opportunities, James Fisher, Columbia Threadneedle
#6 Fri., December 7th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Global Security Threats for 2019, Dr. Stephen Long, UR
- Qualified Plans, David Flinchum, Cherry Bekaert
Membership Meetings for 2017: Review of the Year
#1 Wed., January 25th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- 2017 Global Economic Outlook, Ardavan Mobasheri, ACIMA
- 2017: Asset Class Overview, Michael Newberger, PIA
#2 Fri., February 24th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Avoiding IRS Issues, Vaughan Long, Tax Solution Alliance
- Business Formation/Transition Strategies, Sarah McCurry, Winslow and McCurry
#3 Wed., May 10th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Tax Savings: An Integral Part of Financial Planning, Sen. Stosch
- Your Retirement – Your Way, James Hiter, Ameriprise
Forum 2017 – June 8th and 9th at University of Richmond
#4 Fri., September 15th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- The Intersection of FP and Senior Living, Brad Breeding, myLifeSite.net
- Financing LTC: Case Studies, Tom West, Signature Estate & Investment Advisors
#5 Wed., October 25th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Year End Tax Planning, Jennifer Flinchum, Keiter
- How Global Threats Impact Investing & the Economy, Dr. Stephen Long, University of Richmond
#6 Fri., December 1st, 8:00 -10:00 a.m.
- Reg A+, Rob Kaplan, Jr, Kaplan Voelker Cunningham & Frank PLC
- Alternative Investment, Mat Dellorso, WealthForge