The Financial Planning Association of Central Virginia is the premier community of financial planners in the central Virginia area and serves as the leading financial planning resource for the public and media.
Our mission is to foster and support the value of the financial planning process and its ethical practice through professional growth, networking, education and mentoring. Each year FPA of Central Virginia holds several membership meetings (CE credits provided at each meeting),vital networking opportunities, an Annual Forum with over 150 attendees and 15 CE, Pro Bono opportunities, NexGen events, and Women in Finance events.
With over 350 members, FPA of Central Virginia serves the financial planning professionals for the central Virginia area.
Membership Meetings 2020: Review of the Year
#1 Wed., January 22nd, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Market update, Rob Glownic, Riverfront
- Memory Loss, Alzheimer’s, and What and FP can do and When, Tina Thomas, Alzheimer’s Assoc.
#2 Fri., February 21st, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- What is a Collaborative Process, Gigi Robson, Respond, LLC
- Protect Yourself, From Yourself, Jim Fisher, Columbia Threadneedle
Membership Meetings 2019: Review of the Year
#1 Wed., January 23th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Step-by-Step Succession Planning Process and Procedure, Emily Chiang, EMC Succession Planning
- Making IRA Beneficiary Designations and Taking Minimum Distributions, Tim Guare, Timothy H. Guare, PLC
#2 Fri., February 22nd, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Protecting Your Identity and Other Security Issues, David Husler, FBI
- National Economic Update, Sonya Waddell, Federal Reserve of Richmond
#3 Wed., May 8th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Financially Counseling Grieving Clients, Pete Shrock, Legacy Navigator
- LTC, Gordon Saunders, Genworth
#4 Fri., September 27th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Education Funding and the Higher Education Landscape, Tom Leahy, OptimumEd
- The Real Medicare Costs: A CFP’s Guide to Medicare Planning, Bryan Gay, Boomer Insurance Group
#5 Wed., October 23rd, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Understanding Senior Care Options, Lisa Hollier, Choice Connections
- Sustainability Investing: Enhancing Your Offering, Kahne Krause, DFA
#6 Fri., December 6th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Tax Update – What we know now – After the TCJA, Jen Flinchum
- Philanthropy and the TCJA of 2017, Brandon Butterworth, TCF of Richmond