Wednesday, October 24th, 3:50-6:00 p.m.
FPACVA Membership Meeting & Cocktail Reception
2 CFP/CPA/VA Ins. CE credits
held at Westwood Club, 6200 W Club Lane, Richmond
RSVP to attend below
3:15 Registration and Cocktail Reception begins
3:50 – 4:40 Jennifer Flinchum, Keiter
The Good, the Bad and the Tax Geek – Tax Strategies after TCJA
CFP,CPA, VA Ins (Laws & Regs) CE – approved
4:40 – 5:10 Cocktail Reception continues
5:10 – 6:00 James Fisher, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
Capital Market Outlook and Opportunities
CFP,CPA,VA Ins CE (General Ins) – approved
#1 Wed., January 24th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Economic Outlook, Thomas Galgano, Vanguard
- Financial & Health Mgt Aspects in Again, Shawn Majette, ThompsonMcMullan
#2 Fri., February 23rd, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Acts, Bobby Hamlett, Williams McMullen
- National Economic Outlook & Monetary Policy, Sonya Waddell, Federal Reserve in Richmond
#3 Wed., May 9th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Opportunities in Planning & Saving with 529 and ABLE Plans, Mary Morris, VA529
- Mastering Social Security: Benefits for Spouses and Divorcees, Karen Ireland, MFS
Forum 2018 – June 7th and 8th at University of Richmond (15 CE credits)
#4 Fri., September 21, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Generating & Monetizing Tax Incentives: Historic Preservation/Rehabilitation, Gordon Short, GBX Group
- Regulatory Compliance Hot Topics 2018, Marina Baranovsky, Scitus Consulting
#5 Wed., October 24th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- 2018 Year End Tax Planning, Jen Flinchum, Keiter
- Capital Market Outlook and Opportunities, James Fisher, Columbia Threadneedle
#6 Fri., December 7th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Membership Meetings for 2017: “Review of the Year”
#1 Wed., January 25th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- 2017 Global Economic Outlook, Ardavan Mobasheri, ACIMA
- 2017: Asset Class Overview, Michael Newberger, PIA
#2 Fri., February 24th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Avoiding IRS Issues, Vaughan Long, Tax Solution Alliance
- Business Formation/Transition Strategies, Sarah McCurry, Winslow and McCurry
#3 Wed., May 10th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Tax Savings: An Integral Part of Financial Planning, Sen. Stosch
- Your Retirement – Your Way, James Hiter, Ameriprise
Forum 2017 – June 8th and 9th at University of Richmond
#4 Fri., September 15th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- The Intersection of FP and Senior Living, Brad Breeding, myLifeSite.net
- Financing LTC: Case Studies, Tom West, Signature Estate & Investment Advisors
#5 Wed., October 25th, 3:50 – 6:00 p.m.
- Year End Tax Planning, Jennifer Flinchum, Keiter
- How Global Threats Impact Investing & the Economy, Dr. Stephen Long, University of Richmond
#6 Fri., December 1st, 8:00 -10:00 a.m.
- Reg A+, Rob Kaplan, Jr, Kaplan Voelker Cunningham & Frank PLC
- Alternative Investment, Mat Dellorso, WealthForge