Maximize your membership benefits by utilizing our Career Center to connect with colleagues within our industry. All members of the Financial Planning Association of Greater St. Louis and any student member of the FPA have the ability to review job postings and post their resumes’. This is a complimentary service for all our local members.
Job Posting Opportunities:
If you are a member of FPA of Greater St. Louis and would like to post an open position for your company on this website and our LinkedIn Group, please contact Jim Susman to do so.
Foundation Wealth Management Associate Wealth Advisor
St. Louis based, fast-growing, boutique RIA seeks an Associate Wealth Advisor to join their Clayton Office. We offer concierge level service to our high net worth personal wealth clients and retirement plans for professional groups. Our firm is truly fee-only – we sell no products and accept no commissions.
If you are an aspiring wealth advisor (not a broker or product salesperson), this might be right for you. We do not cold call nor do our advisors have business development requirements. We offer the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by three Wealth Advisors, to learn this business from the ground up, and to help shape the future of a boutique firm.
This role includes a range of duties from client-facing interaction to firm operations, serving existing clients and helping to onboard new clients. The position will support Wealth Advisors who will serve as mentors. From day one, you will be a member of a collaborative and supportive team of high-performing professionals all working hard to help grow a successful and multigenerational business. Over time, we intend to grow this individual into an integral member of our team of Wealth Advisors.
To that end, you will:
- Establish relationships with our existing and new clients
- Provide exceptional client experience in person, over the phone and via written communication
- Guide clients in the gathering of information necessary for financial planning
- Prepare agendas, reports and analyses for client meetings and upon client request
- Create Comprehensive, Customized Financial Plans and update existing Wealth Management Reviews
- Assist Wealth Advisors in the review and assessment of financial information while considering client goals
- Analyze information and evaluate results in order to find the best solution
- Attend client meetings and compose summary emails following client meetings
- Complete follow-up communication and implementation of actions following client meetings
- Establish new accounts and execute transfers, deposits, withdrawals and trades when needed
- Support client relationships by maintaining the CRM and responding to client requests in a professional and timely manner
- Interact with CPAs, Insurance Agents, Estate Planning Attorneys, Mortgage Brokers and other strategic partners to clients are well cared for
- Continually improve client deliverables and firm efficiency
- Dedication to integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFP® designation or desire to obtain one
- Aspirations for a long-term career path
- Passion for Registered Investment Advisory and Fee-Only models
- Knowledge of the securities industry, financial planning and investment management
- Familiarization with financial concepts, investment products, portfolio analysis, goal setting and cash flow
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Able to identify, meet, and follow through with client’s needs and requirements
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner and a problem solver with a strong attention to detail
- Must demonstrate excellence in organization and time management skills
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks then perform them efficiently and accurately
- Emotionally intelligent, strong analytical skills and motivated by client satisfaction
- Excellent grammar is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with CRM system is preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience, education and ability
- 401(k) with match and discretionary profit sharing
- 10 days paid vacation
- 12 paid market holidays
- Employer sponsored health insurance
- Reimbursement for CFP® exam prep course and CFP® Exam fee, if not yet taken
- Annual NAPFA & FPA membership
- Education and conference allowance
- Flextime available after proven efficacy
- Client development and retention compensation available after proven efficacy
If interested, please send your resume to [email protected]
Resume Posting Opportunities:
If you are a member of FPA of Greater St. Louis and would like to post your resume on this website please contact Jim Susman.
If you are not a member of FPA of Greater St. Louis and would like to post your job opening or resume on this website, we encourage you to visit our membership page and consider joining us. There are many benefits to membership.
FPA NATIONAL CAREER CENTER
Click here to access the national career center.