The FPA Long Island Pro Bono committee invites you to join their committee.
Pro Bono Committee –
FPA of Long Island provides Pro Bono opportunities for our chapter members to participate in. If you want to learn more about our program or volunteer as a committee member, presenter, or pro bono planner, please contact Dan Mazzola (516-783-9540) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take part in Financial Fitness Days: Volunteer your time to conduct a workshop on your area of expertise.
- Smithtown Library is on March 30th 10:00 AM
- Lindenhurst Library is on April 7th 10:00 AM
- 1 hour meeting every month at Freeport Library.
The Committee is eager to hold Financial Fitness Days at your local library, organization or job. Contact Dan Mazzola for more information.
Members of the Pro Bono committee of the FPA of Long Island are currently engaged in the following activities:
- They advise women in need of financial assistance by way of the Savvy Ladies empowerment program. Savvy Ladies is a non-profit organization that provides personal finance education and resources to women to inspire them to plan for their future. Members are connected via telephone with women to answer questions and give guidance on their personal financial concerns.
- Through an association with ComPsych, they help employees manage stressful financial challenges that affect their emotional well-being and workplace productivity. By providing ongoing educational seminars that encourage efforts towards healthy behavior change, ComPsych is a global leader of employee assistance programs.
- They maintain a presence at the Nassau County Bar Association Foreclosure & Super Storm Sandy Recovery Consultation Clinics. Pro bono members work with attorneys and other professionals to provide guidance, advice and direction to those in need of legal and financial services every other Monday at the NCBA headquarters in Mineola.
- They are planning a financial literacy day in conjunction with the national FPA organization to be held in October at a Long Island venue. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with committee members and observe presentations on social security, college financial aid and retirement planning.
FPA of Long Island members are encouraged to learn more about these activities and how they may participate.