FPA PHILADELPHIA TRI-STATE AREA
The Philadelphia Tri-State Area Chapter of the Financial Planning Association (FPA-PTSA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to assist our members in their professional development.
By providing continuing education and networking opportunities, the FPA-PTSA makes certain that members are up-to-date on the latest financial planning issues and techniques. The chapter also promotes the FPA Code of Ethics and the Standard of Care through its educational efforts.
The chapter strives to promote public awareness about the financial planning profession. Through proactive activities involving the media, community leaders, colleges, and other community-based organizations, the FPA-PTSA provides the public with relevant and timely information on personal financial planning strategies.
Some interesting facts about the chapter:
- The chapter is among the ten largest chapters in the United States with about 720 active members from the Philadelphia area, Delaware, and southern New Jersey.
- The Financial Planning Association – Philadelphia Tri-State Area Chapter received the FPA Gold Level Award in 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006 and the FPA Silver Level Award in 2004 and 2007.
- 19 of the 20 Executive Board members have achieved the CFP® Designation.
- Of the 720 members, 542 (75%) are CFP® designees.
- The FPA Philadelphia Tri-State Area Chapter was formed in 2000 with the merger of the Delaware Valley Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) and the Philadelphia International Association of Financial Planning (IAFP), and has roots dating back to 1985 when the Delaware Valley Chapter was started.
- The FPA – Philadelphia Tri-State Area Chapter serves the five-county area surrounding Philadelphia, extending as far west as Reading, as far north as Wilkes-Barre, and continuing south into Wilmington, DE and Southern NJ.