Email us at email@example.com to be added to our weekly e-blast list.
Social Security Essentials and Updates for Financial Professionals
Presenter: Theresa Busher
- Online retirement planning tools, such as the mySocialSecurity account
- Interactive tools such as the Social Security Retirement Estimator and Windfall Calculator for public pension recipients
- Early vs. late retirement options
- Work and Benefits
- Medicare Enrollment
- And More
Chapter Meeting – Cincinnati
Machine Learning in Investment Management
Presenter: Rick Roche
AI. Black Box. Learner algorithms. Model decay. Quant-amental. Man/machine mix. Learn about the science and art of machine learning in the equity markets. Machine Learning in Equity Market Investing is an insider’s look into the opaque world of quantitative investing and application of machine learning in equity investing.
The presenter will separate fact from fiction and hype from reality. Learn how asset managers are deploying learner algorithms and advanced statistical modeling to classify and monetize varied and differentiated sources of potential alpha. Although quants have not taken over Wall Street (not yet, anyway), the audience will be surprised to hear just how widespread automated trading systems (ATS) and algorithmic investing are being deployed in today’s equity markets.
Not Your Typical Tax Reform Update
Presenter: William Vasil
· New business deduction for pass-through entities and sole proprietors including case study examples
· Corporate tax reform and how that may determine entity choice going forward
· AMT changes including case study examples
· Itemized deduction planning opportunities
· IRA recharacterization change
· Depreciation changes for asset purchases
· Entertainment deduction change
· ACA mandate repeal
· New Tax brackets
· Kiddie tax changes
· Tax credit changes
· State and local tax limits
· Personal exemption and standard deduction changes
· Alimony deduction change
· New mortgage limits
· Medical expense limitations
· Student debt
· Estate tax changes
· Net operating loss and excess loss limitations
Advocacy Day 2018
Please join us in advocating for issues that are crucial to practitioners of the financial planning community. Participating in these events will empower you to positively interact with policymakers and display FPA’s strength as the association for all CFP® professionals.
Federal Advocacy Days are an important opportunity for FPA members and leaders to gather on The Hill to continue the dialogue with federal policymakers about our profession while displaying FPA’s strength as the association for all CFP® professionals. This year’s 5th Annual FPA Advocacy Day takes place on Wednesday and Thursday, June 6-7th in Washington, D.C. Click here to learn more about how you can advocate in D.C. with fellow FPA Members.