Past Events for 2019
- Economic and Market Outlook – February Chapter Meeting
- Social Security: With You Through Life’s Journey – March Chapter Meeting
- NexGen Happy Hour at MadTree Brewery – May
- The 411 on Ohio’s 529 College Savings Plan – May Chapter Meeting
- Happy Hour at Municipal Brew Works – June
- Traditional VA vs. IOVA: An In-depth Analysis – June Chapter Meeting
- Retirement Decisions for Public Employees of Ohio – July Chapter Meeting
- Mastering First Impressions/Succession Planning – August Chapter Meeting (double topic)
- Symposium with Kices and Messinger
Career Fair at University of Cincinnati – January 17th
We were excited to present a Career Night program for Business Majors at the University of Cincinnati. In addition to being an excellent opportunity for both job seekers and employers, our program included a panel of advisors in a variety of employment situations. Following the panel were representatives from a variety of companies available to talk to the students. Our chapter sponsors were given the first opportunity to reserve a table for the one-on-one conversations.
Advocacy Day – May 23rd
FPA of SWO board officers John Dougherty and Andrew Tedesco traveled to the Statehouse in Columbus for Ohio Advocacy Day. John and Andrew met with policy makers including State Senator Joe Uecker, State Representative John Becker, and State Representative Jonathan Dever to advocate for the fiduciary standard and the protection of vulnerable adults. The FPA of SWO would like to thank our gracious legislators for their time and consideration.
Mini-Symposium – September 13th
We had four excellent speakers at our mini-symposium covering a variety of topics including retirement planning, college savings plans, alternative portfolios and reverse mortgages. In addition to the presentations, our attendees enjoyed networking with each other and the speakers and had the opportunity to take a closer look at what our sponsors had to offer at their booths.
Women’s Happy Hour – October 4th
Oakley Wines provided an intimate atmosphere to all ladies in attendance at our first-ever networking event for women in financial planning. Our members and their guests sipped bubbly and tasted 5 different wines free of charge. In addition to relaxing and networking, Franklin Templeton, the event’s sponsor, provided a brief presentation on mastering the first impression. The feedback from our members guarantees a similar event in 2019!