FPA of Southwestern Ohio NexGen Group
What is NexGen?
Aspiring and early-career CFP® professionals. This includes those who are currently undergoing undergraduate education as well as those who have been practicing as CFP® professionals for eight or fewer years. For more information on how we define NexGen, as well as our Strategic Directive, please click here.
Many NexGen members are looking for ways to find early success in the profession and further explore their true passions. Within the Southwestern Ohio NexGen chapter, we strive to attract members from diverse and unique backgrounds to foster growth and networking among the best and brightest. We believe that by bringing together people from all aspects of the industry, we will create an environment that supports successful planners and leaders for our industry going forward.
Why Should Young Planners Get Involved?
The community has grown tremendously and our unique viewpoints on the industry have benefited FPA members as a whole. Becoming involved on a local level is helpful as it:
• Identifies you as a future leader in this evolving industry
• Provides you with a platform to impact the direction of an industry that continues to change.
• Exposes you to established and experienced planners in the community
• Encourages you to shape the conversation of your NexGen Community
• Offers networking with other young professional organizations in your community
• Provides hands‐on leadership experience on a national and local level
In 2019 we implemented a new scholarship program for our NexGen community: FPASWO membership scholarships! The program successfully awarded two memberships for the 2020 year. We are happy to say that we plan on continuing the program for 2021. Scholarships should open in the 2nd half of 2020 with a deadline of September 30th.
The ideal candidate:
- Is enthusiastic about the profession but needs some financial assistance in becoming a member of the FPA
- An early-career CFP® professionals who have been in the profession for less than 8 years
- Must be nominated by a current FPASWO member
This will be a great opportunity to help a member of our next generation of financial planners.
How Can You Get Involved?
Please email [email protected] to request more information, or volunteer to speak at one of our upcoming events.